Dungeon Crawler Starter Template
A starter template for creating a dungeon crawler game with Phaser 3
Check out the 8.5 part YouTube series showing how this starter template was made!
The project is built using Phaser 3 and TypeScript. You'll need NPM to install dependencies and Parcel to run the development server.
- Keyboard controls to move player
- Different animations for left/right, up, down movement
- Load dungeon tilemaps created in Tiled
- Fix tile bleeding using tile extrusion
- Create enemy lizard that moves around map
- Allow player to throw knives using an Object Pool
- Open treasure chests to collect coins
- Player damaged animation effect
- Zelda-style health meter with hearts
- Using Tiled to layout position of chests and enemies
- Communicate between UI and Game Scene
Get the full source on Github!
Subscribe to learn more about Phaser game development!
Be the first to learn about new templates and tutorials!
We don't spam. Spamming is for jerks.