Multiplayer Tic-Tac-Toe Starter
A starting template for a basic multiplayer tic-tac-toe game using Colyseus and Phaser 3.50.
Check out the 7 part YouTube series showing how this was made!
The project is built using Colyseus as the multiplayer backend Node server, Phaser 3.50 for the frontend client, and TypeScript. You'll need NPM to install dependencies and Parcel to run the development server.
- Backend and frontend code in same project
- Drawing a 3x3 grid from 1D array
- Shared game state with Colyseus Schema
- Sync clients based on server state
- Enforce server authority
- Handle player taking turns
- Algorithm to detect a winning move
- Using Colyseus match-making to join new games
Get the full source on Github!
Subscribe to learn more about web-based game development!
Be the first to learn about new templates and tutorials!
We don't spam. Spamming is for jerks.