Pac-Man Starter Template
A starter template for creating a Pac-Man-style game in Phaser 3 and TypeScript.
Check out the 6 part YouTube series showing how the ghost AI's were coded!
This template has a basic maze loaded from a tilemap created with Tiled. The 4 original ghost AI behaviors are implemented using a State Pattern. This project was created using the phaser3-typescript-parcel-template.
- Keyboard controls to move player
- Maze design via Tilemap created visually with Tiled
- Tint-able assets to generate different level colors
- Movement respecting maze walls with Arcade Physics
- Pellet eating by hero
- Blinky' Chase AI
- Pinky's Intercept AI
- Inky's Flank AI
- Clyde's Eclectic AI...
- Scatter AI for all ghosts
- State Pattern for creating and using AI behaviors
- Screen wrap around for hero and ghosts
- Debug targeting indicators to check AI logic
Get the full source on Github!
Subscribe to learn more about Phaser game development!
Be the first to learn about new templates and tutorials!
We don't spam. Spamming is for jerks.