Sidescrolling Platformer Starter Template
A starting template for a sidescrolling platformer game using Matter Physics in Phaser 3.50
Check out the 8 part YouTube series showing how this starter template was made!
The project is built using Phaser 3 and TypeScript. You'll need NPM to install dependencies and Parcel to run the development server.
- Keyboard controls to move player
- Animations for moving, getting hurt, and dying
- Load level tilemaps created in Tiled
- Evil snowman enemy character with basic AI
- Collect stars and health pills
- Player damaged animation effect
- Health bar using Phaser's Graphics API
- Using Tiled to layout position collectibles and spawn points
- Communicate between UI and Game Scene
- Use of StateMachine for player and enemy logic
Get the full source on Github!
Subscribe to learn more about Phaser game development!
Be the first to learn about new templates and tutorials!
We don't spam. Spamming is for jerks.